Follow the below steps to review and update Bill Pay users and their permissions.
Note: You must have 'Manage' access to the Bill Pay and Bill Pay Transaction Details sections in Vault to update another user's access and permissions. See What are Vault's permission levels? for more information.
Step 1: To update a user's access, you first must ensure they have Vault access with the 'Manage' permission level to the Bill Pay menu.
- You can view and update this under the Power Icon > Vault Users.
- In the Vault Users list, select the user's name to see their access level.
- If the user does not have Manage access to the Bill Pay menu, select the pencil icon in the right column of the Vault Users list to edit their permissions.
Step 2: Once you confirm a user has 'Manage' access to the Bill Pay menu, you can then view a list of Bill Pay Users and their access information under the Bill Pay tab > User Access.
- Find the row with your name in the Bill Pay Users list. If you do not see "Yes" under the "Manage Bill Pay Users" column on the row with your name, you do not have access to update Bill Pay users.
- Select the plus sign in the top right corner to add Bill Pay access for a current Vault user.
- Select the trashcan to remove access from a current Bill Pay user.
Step 3: Select the user’s name to see and edit current permissions. You must complete this step to ensure a new user has the appropriate permissions to perform Bill Pay functions.
- Select the pencil icon to edit Bill Pay Global User Permissions.
- Select the plus sign to view and edit the Fund User Rights.
- In the Add Fund User Rights window (see screenshot below), select the Bill Pay Fund you wish to update.*
Update the Fund Rights, Payment Rights and Transfer Rights as applicable for the selected Bill Pay Fund.
- You can update certain rights individually or en masse.
- Select the "Grant All Permissions" button to give the user access to all rights ("Yes").
- Select the "Remove All Permissions" button to take away all rights ("No").
- Select the "Submit" button to save your changes.
*If your organization has a Bill Pay fund mandated by your national headquarters, some fields in the Add Fund User Rights window may be grayed out because you do not have permission to transfer money out of the fund or authorize payments.